EB park, Knoxville, TN

I have never seen this clip in it's entirety before Pat, why snippets get put out I don't know. The big sign in the grass is the one where Patti, Stirling and Arabella stood in front of in a photo to promote it. I really hope it gets done, the Everly Brothers deserve it and the town deserves some recognition too.

I saw the 'hair' but the big coat in a studio too?

I was pleased to see the young man at the school doing something on the Everlys therefore he learned about them and who knows maybe all the school got to hear of it. A new generation getting interested in them would be wonderful and where better to kick start it, at a school they attended.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished park.

Thanks for posting this clip Pat.
Last update on February 25, 7:04 am by Chris.
Mary sorry I missed listening to your posting #13 it was good to hear that Stirling Everly has plans, what struck me listening to him was how much I could hear Jason's voice in him. I know some family traits will come out but are they from the same part of the US? Or is it just me who thinks he sounds like Jason?

Good to have all these Everly clips on site.
Thanks for posting the clip, Pat. It was new to me too. I wonder if the hosts were dressed '50s style? The man had Elvis hair! I wish the TV clip had shown the exhibit photo of Cathy, Don's high school girlfriend whose name was used in "Cathy's Clown." I am not sure I have ever seen a photo of her.

Part of the Everly Brothers exhibit at West High School in Knoxville, TN. Presumably the girl's photo is Cathy, of "Cathy's Clown."
I missed the clip on Sterling Everly also Mary #13. Thanks for mentioning it Chris, I enjoyed listening to it.
Marion
Thanks for posting the possible picture of Cathy, Mary. I was looking for her picture in the exhibit too. That announcers hair has got to be a "rug". I can't help but laugh when I look at him. I also liked the guy that talked about how different Don and Phil's personalities were. I thought it would have been the other way around...Phil would have been the quiet one, not Don.

Last update on June 17, 9:58 pm by Mary.
This is an article about Knoxville Park, from the Knoxville Mercury January 25th 2017.

http://www.knoxmercury.com/2017/01/25/don-everly-s...

The photo in this article does have some information to go with a photo which we have had on site for quite some time now.

Taken March 1954 when Phil was just 15 and Don was just 17, at the WROL radio station, on the top floor of the Mechanics Bank Building on Gay Street.

Last update on March 23, 8:27 pm by Chris.
An announcement for the Everly Park in Knoxville:

The hardscape (benches, bicycle racks, engraved educational/EB background plaques, etc.) installation should begin mid-April. The soil remediation is complete. City Parks & Rec hopes to have a preliminary or "soft" event early summer with ribbon-cutting a month or so later. Hope you'll keep an eye on our Facebook page for updates. Impossible to say whether Don and Adela will be attending at this point. He was going to drive down to the park dedication in August 2015 but came down with a wicked case of laryngitis a couple of days before the event.

Dedication program of The Everly Brothers Park, Knoxville, TN, 2015.