1970 TV Show, Johnny Cash Presents The Everly Brothers, episode details

On their final TV show episode, Don and Phil are joined by daddy Ike on a great gospel song.
Last update on December 20, 4:53 pm by Mary.
Attachments
Unfortunately the link for Silver Haired Daddy of Mine cannot be opened. But the sentiment on this link for Christmas was very nice.
Attachments
Lenore

From show #1, recorded May 29, 1970 and aired July 8, 1970. Ike was one of his sons' guests on that episode, along with Johnny Cash, Melanie, and Kenny Rogers.

Everlypedia has on its episode details, above in this thread, that this is Ike, Don and Phil but I hear Melanie and Johnny Cash, other guests that episode, join in. Don and Phil take turns singing with their dad.
Last update on March 16, 7:28 pm by Mary.
Attachments
Clip from show 5# recorded June 5, 1970 and aired August 5 1970, Melanie, Tina Turner and Bobby Sherman join the Everly Brothers.

The first song is from Melanie "Tuning my Guitar" 2nd song is "Christopher Robin" and the 3rd song everyone joins in for "This Little Light of Mine"

Last update on March 16, 7:16 pm by Chris.
Attachments
Ike and Phil loved to do poem contests and Ike usually got the better of Phil, this time they chose 'Birds and Grapefruit' and Phil came up with the funniest poem this time!! Wink

Last update on March 18, 8:49 pm by Chris.
Attachments

A new-to-me photo from The EBs' TV show. (I recognize the stage scaffolding!)

Rick Nelson and the Stone Canyon Band, from the TV show, Episode #9 recorded May 9, 1970 and broadcast Sept. 2, 1970. Other guests in addition to Nelson were Merrilee Rush and The Carter Family.
Last update on April 20, 2:47 pm by Mary.

This clip works in the U.S.

Audio only. "Johnny Cash Presents The Everly Brothers," the complete audio recordings. Show # 1 - Broadcasted July 8, 1970 (recorded May 29, 1970). Edited of one Melanie solo song per copyright.

Guests : Johnny Cash, Melanie, Kenny Rogers & the First Edition, Albert Brooks and Ike Everly

Songs on the menu:

Bye Bye Love
Bowling Green
What Is Truth (Johnny Cash)
Sing Me Back Home/I Walk The Line (with Johnny Cash)
Tell It All Brother (Kenny Rogers)
Last Thing On My Mind (Phil solo)
Ruby Tuesday (Don with Melanie)
Wake Up Little Susie
Let It Be/Will The Circle Be Unbroken
Sure Looking Good To Me (with Ike)
Let It Be Me
Last update on July 31, 9:43 pm by Mary.
Attachments

Arlo Guthrie appearing on "Johnny Cash Presents the Everly Brothers," July 15, 1970.

Audio only.

Show #2 - Broadcasted July 15, 1970 (recorded May 28, 1970). Guests : Arlo Guthrie, Marty Robbins and Jackie DeShannon. Regulars : Ruth McDevitt (as Aunt Hattie) and Joe Higgins

Songs on the menu:
Bye Bye Love
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
I'll Never Fall In Love Again/You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling/Put A Little Love In Your Heart (with Jackie DeShannon)
At Times (Marty Robbins)
I Could Be Singing (Arlo Guthrie)
Hey Jude (with Arlo Guthrie)
Ticket To Ride (Don solo)
Singing The Blues/A White Sport Coat/El Paso (with Marty Robbins)
Walk Right Back
Lonely Weekends
Woody Guthrie Tribute : Grand Coulee Dam/Old Rattler/Mail Myself To You/This Land Is My Land/So Long It's Been Good To Know Ya (All)
Let It Be Me
Last update on July 31, 9:44 pm by Mary.
Attachments

Show #3 - Broadcasted July 22, 1970 (recorded June 4, 1970). Guests : Neil Diamond, Statler Brothers, Evie Sands and Fred Smoot. Regulars : Ruth McDevitt (as Aunt Hattie) and Joe Higgins

Audio only.

Songs on the menu:
Bye Bye Love
Proud Mary
Mr. Bojangles (Neil Diamond)
Take Me For A Little While (Evie Sands)
Saturday Bound (Phil solo)
Less Of Me (Statler Brothers)
Columbus Stockade Blues (Don & Phil with The Statler Brothers)
Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
I Got The Feeling/Solitary Man/Kentucky Woman (Don & Phil with Neil Diamond)
Kentucky
Medley : Rock and Roll Music/Aquarius/Price Of Love
Happy Together (Don with Evie Sands)
I'll Fly Away (All)
Let It Be Me
Last update on July 22, 4:40 pm by Mary.
Attachments

Mac Davis, Phil, Don, Brenda Lee, and BJ Thomas.

"Johnny Cash Presents The Everly Brothers," Show #4, audio only. Broadcasted July 29, 1970 (recorded May 23, 1970)

Guests : B.J. Thomas, Brenda Lee, Mac Davis and Yvonne Wilder. Regulars : Ruth McDevitt (as Aunt Hattie) and Joe Higgins

Songs on the menu:
Bye Bye Love
Down On The Corner
The Letter (Brenda Lee)
Devoted To You
I Just Can't Help Believing (B. J. Thomas)
Oh Happy Day (Don & Phil with B.J. Thomas)
Something (Phil solo)
Half and Half (Mac Davis)
Friend, Lover, Woman, Wife (Don & Phil with Mac Davis)
Lucille
Shady Grove
Medley : Jambalaya/Bill Bailey/Sweet Nothin'/Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head/Dum Dum Diddly Dum (All)
Let It Be Me
Last update on July 31, 9:41 pm by Mary.
Attachments

With Aunt Hattie Everly, 1983, Kentucky.

Everlypedia: "EVERLY, HATTIE – a real aunt of Don and Phil who appeared in comedy fictional form (played by Ruth McDevitt) in their 1970 ABC TV show "Johnny Cash Presents The Everly Brothers." Allegedly Aunt Hattie introduced the well-known “drum beat” to the famous Muhlenberg Sound: her dad, Isaac Medford, had allegedly paid Charles Schultz, a black guitarist, five dollars to teach her an intricate piece on the guitar called ‘The Drum Piece’. “I’m not near as good on the guitar as Ike was,” she said in a 1987 interview. “He ran off and left me!” "
Last update on July 30, 5:52 pm by Mary.

With Melanie and Bobby Sherman, show #5, broadcast Aug. 5, 1970.

With Tina Turner and Melanie, singing "This Little Light of Mine."

With Melanie.

Bobby Sherman.

"Johnny Cash Presents The Everly Brothers," Show #5. Broadcast August 5, 1970 (recorded June 5, 1970)

Guests : Ike & Tina Turner Revue, Bobby Sherman, Melanie and Fred Smoot. Regulars : Ruth McDevitt (as Aunt Hattie) and Joe Higgins

Songs on the menu:
Bye Bye Love
Lady Madonna
Why Can't We Be Happy (Ike & Tina Turner Revue)
Tuning My Guitar (Melanie)
Sweet Baby James (Don solo)
Hey Mister Sun (Bobby Sherman)
Tennessee Bird Walk (Don & Phil with Bobby Sherman)
Christopher Robin (Don & Phil with Melanie)
I Want To Take You Higher (Ike and Tina Turner Revue)
That''ll Be The Day
People Get Ready
Oklahoma City Times (Bobby Sherman)
This Little Light Of Mine (All)
Let It Be Me

Below is the one visual video clip available of The EBs' Show. Plus the audio clip of the same show.
Last update on August 5, 4:01 pm by Mary.
Attachments
A new photo from the Johnny Cash Replacement shows: