Fantasy Reunion song

This new thread is for us to imagine a favourite of ours that could have been sung at the Reunion Concert 1983. It is fantasy so you may like to add a song from the 3 post Reunion albums too. Not only do we have to think of a song/s but we have to place it/them in the running order of the DVD and CD/Vinyl albums. Musically, where will it fit and why?

THE LISTS: - REUNION DVD:
Claudette
Walk Right Back
Crying in the rain
Cathy's Clown
Love is Strange
MEDLEY: Take a Message to Mary/Maybe Tomorrow/I Wonder if I Care as Much
When Will I be loved
Bird Dog
Be-Bop-A-Lula
Songs our Daddy taught us: Barbara Allen, Put my Little Shoes Away, Long Time Gone, Step it up and Go.
Bye, Bye Love
Wake up Little Susie
MEDLEY: Devoted to you/Ebony Eyes/Love Hurts
(Til') I Kissed you
All I have to do is dream
Temptation
Lucille
Let It Be Me

REUNION CD:
The Price of Love
Walk Right Back
Claudette
Crying in the Rain
Love is Strange
MEDLEY: Take a Message to Mary/Maybe Tomorrow/I Wonder if I Care as Much
When Will I be Loved
Bird Dog
MEDLEY: Devoted to You/Ebony Eyes/Love Hurts
Songs our Daddy Taught us: Barbara Allen, Lightning Express, Put My Little Shoes Away, Long Time Gone, Down in the Willow Garden, Step it up and go.
Cathy's Clown
Gone, Gone, Gone
You send me
So Sad (To watch good love go bad)
Baby What You Want me to Do (listed on CD as Blues Stay Away From Me)
Bye, Bye Love
All I Have to Do is Dream
Wake up Little Susie
(Til') I Kissed You
Temptation
Be-Bop-A-Lula
Lucille
Let It Be Me
Encore: Good Golly Miss Molly

VINYL LP LIST:
The Price of Love
Walk Right Back
Claudette
Crying In The Rain
Love Is Strange
MEDLEY: Take a Message to Mary/Maybe Tomorrow/I Wonder If I Care as Much
When will I be Loved
So Sad (To Watch Good Love Go Bad)
Bird Dog
Be-Bop-A-Lula
Songs our Daddy taught us: Lightning Express, Put My Little Shoes Away/Step it up and go
Bye, Bye Love
Gone, Gone, Gone
All I have to do is Dream
Wake up Little Susie
MEDLEY: Devoted to You/Ebony Eyes/Love Hurts
Cathy's Clown
(Til') I Kissed You
Temptation
Lucille
Let It Be Me
Encore: Good Golly Miss Molly
I will go first - I choose 2 songs for my first choice - "Green River" and "Kentucky" and I place them in that order after "Lucille".
I am placing them there because whilst they were singing the energetic "Lucille" everyone was giving it their all and I thought the calming influence of "Green River" with the stunning music would do that, Pete Wingfield would be playing the keyboards which we can hear on "Green River" and Martin Jarvis would be wonderful with his steel guitar and I can hear Albert Lee with his electric guitar. Then they would sing the stunning "Kentucky" with minimal backup to take everyone's breathe away. After that "Let It Be Me" would be perfect.
Because the order of songs at that point of the concert is the same on all 3 formats, that is where I place both songs.
You got in first with my choice Chris. I would have picked Kentucky too. Back to the drawing board.
Will have to give this some thought. I am not sure at all at this point.
Lenore
I choose Bowling Green; I think Bowling Green became almost an "anthem" for The Everly Brothers; it literally makes you want to "whistle" the melody with The Everly Brothers; a very addictive song. It makes you want to turn it up as loud as you can so that everyone can hear it, i.e., like an anthem. I would place it right before When Will I Be Loved. This was a very hard choice to make. I will have to think about their other songs.
Lenore
voting with Lenore for Bowling Green, to add with the "Kentucky" songs.
And "Maybe Baby" somewhere.
I chose to keep Bowling Green and When Will I Be Loved together because they are Phil-related songs.
Lenore
Megancat where would you place "Maybe "baby" in the 3 formats? I love that song too. I can see the EB's sat down with the song list and moving songs around to fit into different places. The companies who bring out the DVD, vinyl and cd decide to move them around again!!
I sat listening to "Lucille" and realised how good Pete Wingfield is on keyboards and a couple of days later I was listening to "Green River" and heard the much lower 'key' keyboards and the superb steel guitar and I thought this would make a great link, but of course we then have "Kentucky" and I loved the Rehearsal clip of this wonderful song that they love to sing at any time and I always love to hear these 2 songs together - one after the other - it seemed easy for my choice with the running order the same at this point in the concert. Other choices will be much harder to put in place of song order that they sing. Also the formats were not the same. I think deciding where to put the song makes it more fun and of course challenging.
Last update on October 25, 8:44 am by Chris.
Not sure at all where to place Maybe Baby - somewhere near the very end.
What a fun posting, Chris, and not an easy choice to make! The EBs have so many great songs that I would have loved to hear them sing with their mature voices. But my choices for my personal Fantasy Reunion Concert are:

"The First In Line" and "On The Wings Of A Nightingale," both recorded in 1984 for "EB84," an LP they were to go on to produce after their Reunion Concert! I would place both songs in the song list after the "Songs Our Daddy Taught Us" medley from their boyhood, because "The First in Line" is a straight-out country song that heralds back to their country music roots, then merging into "Nightingale," written just for them by uber-fan Paul McCartney, who as a student of music himself, knew well of The EBs' roots in American music.

If I could, I choose two more songs. (We're not letting Don and Phil off the stage!!) I would choose "A Change of Heart," as in my opinion, the most beautiful representation of their superb Felice & Boudleaux Bryant songs. I would place "Heart" after "Wake Up Little Susie," to bookend a group of four Bryant/EBs songs in a row on the CD, and before Don's great "('Til) I Kissed You."

Then my last choice would be an homage to their deep American musical roots, "Bye Bye Blackbird," a 1926 standard that they recorded in 1961. I would place "Blackbird" after "You Send Me," another great cover of a pop classic, on the CD. I choose "Blackbird" just to show anyone who could still be doubters that Don and Phil could sing anything!
Last update on October 24, 9:17 pm by Mary.
Wow Mary great choices, I am going to listen to them in the order now, I knew when I did this little twist it would never be easy to fit them into the song list. But great to see how people are putting them in place.
A song I would have chosen before they did the Reunion that I never envisaged in my lifetime I would hear live was "Maybe Tomorrow" it is called a lament by many. I great song from the EB's but when they sung it at the Reunion and with their more mature voices, I was in heaven, if they hadn't sung it that would have been my 1st choice.
I have the CD of the Reunion Concert, so I know that song order almost by heart. But you're right, Chris, there are slight variances between the formats. For instance, on the CD there are three Bryant songs in a row, and I added my fourth fantasy Bryant song there. But not so on the other formats.
You can place your song choices in the other formats Mary too, it is good to see how they all work together. Can you envisage the brothers sat at a table working out the song order? A nightmare with so many songs that we all love and they did songs that they love to sing too which I appreciated.
It is fun to move the fantasy song puzzle pieces around, to see where they musically fit in for a cohesive concert experience. I would keep my "EB84" choices after the "Songs" medley in all formats, and "A Change of Heart" after "Susie" in all formats. 'Blackbird" is harder to fit into the other formats, because "You Send Me' is only on the CD, and "Blackbird" is such a singular song choice for the EBs, not a Bryant-written song, not an Everly-written song, but a pop/jazz standard that one would not necessarily associate with The EBs, yet they deliver, and sing it stunningly. I am tempted to move "Blackbird" toward the concert's end, but their last handful of songs at the end close out their show so perfectly, a balance of all-out rockers and sweet ballads.