CELEBRATING PHIL EVERLY

Well. you certainly are "tan comico" = so funny today!

I posted those pics of Phil, looked at them and was puzzled..NOW I KNOW WHY!! Phil is "un poco payaso, tambien" = somewhat of a clown, too!

Wonder if he ever played a bit on a recording, not just bass, but banjo, mandolin, piano??
Last update on March 10, 9:22 pm by Gloria Solis.
Sharon Sheeley was a life long friend of Phil Everly. In her book "Summertime Blues" she acknowledges Phil: "Phil Everly, my 'big brother' and my son's godfather, you are always there no matter what".

At the time of Eddie Cochran's death and Sharon was in the car with him she had extensive injuries herself, broken back and neck and other breaks, all thrown from the car, she was Eddie's fiancée.

Last update on April 15, 9:22 am by Chris.
Attachments
PHIL EVERLY and BRIAN STEWART collaboration, "Never Coming Back", one of 12 songs they composed together. Brian Stewart with his band, Lost Coyote, created GET YOUR PHIL, an album of all 12 songs to honor Phil Everly.

Details and Lyrics re: "Never Coming Back", Page 37 Quote #549

AUDIO RECORDING of "Never Coming Back" via Soundcloud Track 4:
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Lost%20Coyote%20-%...

REFERENCES and MORE SONGS/INFORMATION (songs featured are also posted in VIDEOS): Page 22 Quotes #327-328, Page 23 Quote #330, Page 25 Quotes #371-374, Page 28 Quotes #416-417, Page 36 Quote #530
Last update on March 11, 3:20 pm by Gloria Solis.
I just found this comment from Brian Stewart's wife:

GRAMMY Voting Friends, For Your Consideration the LP "Get Your Phil" by Lost Coyote.

I am thrilled that my husband Brian Stewart's album that he wrote with Phil Everly and performed by the band Lost Coyote is in the first round of nominations for the Grammy's!!!

These are the last songs Phil Everly wrote before he passed and we are honored that Brian had the opportunity to collaborate on all of these songs with such an amazing man and musical icon.

Candace Stewart

I think this next comment from Brian is already in this thread, but I wanted to put it here with his wife's comment above.

I was extremely fortunate to have Phil Everly ask me to write songs with him in Feb of 2012. By June of 2013 we completed writing 14 song's 12 of which became Lost Coyote's new record "Get You're Phil". We hope you enjoy listing to it as much as we did recording it.

The 12 new songs Everly & Stewart co-wrote over a period of nine months have now been compiled on the album Get Your Phil, released by Smile Records (Fontana / INgrooves). These songs stand as the last that Phil Everly, who passed away in January 2014, would ever write.“We started out,” says Stewart, “with the idea that we would get the songs to established recording artists.” But upon the elder artist’s sudden passing, Stewart was inspired to take the project to the next level “I realized we wrote an albums worth of material and I thought I should turn these songs into a full-blown record“.

The album "Get Your Phil" contains 12 songs which is what Brian says above, so there are 2 more songs which Brian will have in a safe place I guess until he knows what he will do with them.
Brian Stewart's wife shares very exciting news and a wonderful and touching memory regarding Get Your Phil!!! (Quote #559). Sounds like Candace Stewart was involved in some way as well, perhaps was blessed to be able to witness some of Phil and Brian composing. These songs are strong and of a variety of topics and mix of musical styles.

The video by Brian Stewart that goes with, "Movin' On Down the Line" has a poignant ending, reminding of Phil...

VIDEO RECORDING:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-DSCd9k_sM
Last update on March 11, 11:20 pm by Gloria Solis.
A GRATEFUL BRIAN STEWART (of Lost Coyote Band) SHARES A FOND PHIL MEMORY

SEE QUOTES #559, #560 FOR MORE INFORMATION.

This Signing Story shows what can happen when a classic rock icon takes a shine to your material and offers to collaborate with you. That was the case when Phil Everly (half of the timeless pop duo the Everly Brothers) made that very proposition to L.A. studio session man and singer/songwriter/guitarist Brian C. Stewart. In 2013 they penned a dozen songs that, after Everly’s death in January of 2014, became the 2015 release Get Your Phil on Smile Records, a label with a power pop-oriented heritage (The Knack, Dave Mason, Berlin).

“When we were working together Phil told me that he had no complaints with his life at all,” recalls Stewart.

“He said, ‘I will sing “Wake Up Little Susie” until the cows come home and be thankful to my soul for it. But for all the pats on the back and the awards I’ve gotten, I really wish people heard what I was doing now.’

Phil was my friend and with this record that’s what I’m trying to do.”

(Quote from: http://www.musicconnection.com/favorite-signings-2... )

Lost Coyote
Label: Smile Records
Band Members: Brian C. Stewart, lead vocals, guitar; Chris Lawrence, steel, B Bender, 12- string guitars; Dusty Wakeman, bass; Bill Stewart, drums.
Management: Blue Rider Music
Web: something-music.com; smilerecords.homestead.com
A&R: Tony Valenziano
Last update on March 13, 7:18 pm by Gloria Solis.
EXPANDED VIDEO of PHIL EVERLY and CLIFF RICHARD SINGING "When Will I Be Loved" during show from UK. In 1981 Phil visited Cliff to perform a couple of songs at one of his concerts leading to several more fruitful collaborations in the future (and even spawning a top ten hit in the UK with "She Means Nothing To Me"

PHIL GIVES AN INTERESTING INTERVIEW FROM HIS DRESSING ROOM AT THE BEGINNING and MID-WAY THRU THE VIDEO.

VIDEO RECORDING:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HddnmE7MKZs

INFORMATION and DETAILS of the EVOLUTION of PHIL EVERLY'S SONG, "When Will I Be Loved", CAN BE VIEWED IN THIS THREAD - Page 34 Quotes #506,507,508,510 and Page 35 Quotes #512,514, 518
Last update on March 17, 12:32 am by Gloria Solis.
New Photo Cliff with Phil

Last update on March 17, 7:59 pm by Chris.
PHIL EVERLY in photo with CHARLIE LOUVIN - The LOUVIN BROTHERS were an influence on the EVERLY BROTHERS

Charlie Louvin (left) and Phil Everly arrive at the new location of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville on May 17, 2009. (Chartered in 1964, the museum has amassed one of the world’s most extensive musical collections.)

Both Phil Everly and Charlie Louvin, representing the Everly Brothers and the Louvin Brothers respectively, were among the inductees into the Country Music Hall of Fame in October of 2001. (See page 26 #385 for DETAILS/PHOTOS of this SPECIAL EVENT where Phil Everly was present.)

In the speech made by Charlie Louvin at his tribute, he said, "I only dreamed that my life would turn out as it has. I'm thankful that I still live my early dreams. Tonight is one of those early dreams."

Charles Elzer Loudermilk (July 7, 1927 – January 26, 2011), known professionally as Charlie Louvin, was an American country music singer and songwriter. He is best known as one of the Louvin Brothers, and was a member of the Grand Ole Opry since 1955.

Born in Section, Alabama, Louvin was one of seven children. He started singing when he was eight years old.[2]

Louvin began singing professionally with his brother Ira as a teenager on local radio programs in Chattanooga, Tennessee. The boys sang traditional and gospel music in the harmony style they had learned while performing in their church's choir.[3]

After Charlie left the act briefly in 1945 to serve in World War II, the brothers moved first to Knoxville and later to Memphis, working as postal clerks by day while making appearances in the evening. Another brief disbandment due to Charlie's service in the Korean War led to the brothers' relocation to Birmingham, Alabama.[3]

Primarily known as gospel artists, the Louvins were convinced by a sponsor that "you can't sell tobacco with gospel music," and began adding secular music to their repertoire. They began making appearances on the famed Grand Ole Opry during the 1950s, becoming official members in 1955. The Louvin Brothers released numerous singles, such as "When I Stop Dreaming", with over 20 recordings reaching the country music charts. Their rich harmonies served as an influence to later artists such as [the Everly Brothers], Emmylou Harris, Gram Parsons, and The Byrds.[4]

By the 1960s Charlie and Ira's popularity had waned and the brothers split up in 1963. In 1965, Ira was killed in a car accident. Charlie continued to perform solo, making numerous appearances on the Grand Ole Opry and in later years acting as an elder statesman for country music.(from wikipedia)

RECORDING OF LOUVIN BROTHERS SINGING, "HOPING THAT YOU'RE HOPING":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diaDZs1u3go

IRA & cHARLIE LOUVIN
Last update on March 22, 1:32 am by Gloria Solis.
Smile
Last update on March 22, 12:08 pm by Ricardo Delgado R..
Attachments
Ricardo A-Priori
Smile
Attachments
Ricardo A-Priori
Undeniable influence!
Attachments
Ricardo A-Priori
Having listened to these Louvin Brothers' recordings. the comparison to the Everly Brothers is fantastic!
Yes, a very definite influence, especially in the country sound vein!

Here are two recordings by the Everly Brothers.

(Fascinating to listen to the 2 versions of "Kentucky" back to back)
Even though this is recorded in a very informal setting, their voices and harmony are sweet and clear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNliuco-WLs

DELMORE BROTHERS INFLUENCE ALSO:
EVERLY BROTHERS SING KENTUCKY BLUES IN CONCERT IN GERMANY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOO8DcwnUHo

Last update on March 22, 2:55 pm by Gloria Solis.
Yes indeed!

Wink
Attachments
Ricardo A-Priori
One more influence + record & outtake versions.

Smile
Last update on March 22, 3:28 pm by Ricardo Delgado R..
Attachments
Ricardo A-Priori