CELEBRATING PHIL EVERLY

AS LONG AS PHIL IS BEHIND THE WHEEL, I DON'T CARE!! He did love certain cars didn't he? driving them, riding in them, or on them... And motorcycles? bicycles?

THERE ARE MORE PHOTOS, FEEL FREE TO POST!
Last update on April 12, 8:48 pm by Gloria Solis.
ANOTHER PHIL EVERLY DEMO: "A DAY AT THE TIME" - 1978

Track may have been recorded (perhaps intended for album, Living Alone? ), but has not yet been located.

LYRICS for "A Day At The Time":

I'm taking love taking love taking love easy
I'm taking love taking love a day at a time
I'm taking love taking love a daly at a time

You really hurt me one time before
I don't wanna be hurt again
I know it looks like I'm back for more
But I didn't come back to be where I've been

Oh fools rush in where wise men won't walk
And I've already been your fool
So I'm not getting started if we don't have a talk
If you want me back you'll have to play by the rules

You know that I wouldn't be here if I didn't love you
But you gotta do what you should
If it's the old stuff you're getting back into
I'll have to tell you good-bye for good

That is the information I read too Gloria that it is 'the other song' which did not make the cut for the album "Living Alone". We are lucky to have the other "Too Far Too Fast" recorded and on site, which is a fantastic. I wish Phil had put one more song on each side of the album rather than cutting them out, whoever made that decision. "Too Far Too Fast" is a big favourite of mine and I have to come to the site or youtube to hear it!!

Maybe one day "A Day at the Time" a recording can be found, I hope so.
'TOO FAR TOO FAST" appears at the end of this particular recording of Phil Everly's album, The Lonely Years

The lyrics seem to be elusive. Hopefully someone will be able to locate and post them in this thread.

The song, "Too Far, Too Fast" co-composed by Phil Everly and John Durrill, is the last track of this recording, beginning @ 26:37.

RECORDING of full album, The Lonely Years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wp4N_qoS2Q

The Lyrics for "Too Far Too Fast" the song which was cut from the album "Living Alone"

No one could tell you then
No one can tell you now
Even when you know the truth
Doesn’t matter anyhow
You’re walkin’ in the shadows
So you’re only standin’ still
Once you could have found you
But now you never will
Too far, too fast
You’re never going home
Too far, too fast
Now you’re all alone
Your future was in the past
But the past is a long time gone
Your tomorrow will be today
Today goes on and on
Tighten up your buckles
Get ready for a bumpy ride
You’d better find some shelter
You got no place to hide
Too far, too fast
Now you’re on your own
Too far too fast
Now you’re all alone
Too far, too fast
You’re never going home
Too far, too fast
Now you’re all alone
Too far, too fast (oohh)
Now you’re on your own (you’re on your own)
Too far, too fast
(I’m sorry for you)
Now you’re all alone
(cause you’re all alone)
Too far, too fast
(oh yea yea yea yea-ea)

Gloria has mentioned in #589 that it is on the youtube link she has posted which is the full album plus "Too Far Too Fast"

Last update on April 20, 7:24 pm by Chris.
Attachments
The album clip mentioned in #589 and #590 is one from EBI and was never posted into the video section when it was released, most likely the reason was because it was a full album and would post into the thread "Albums by EB's and solo" if it is not in that thread I will post it there because it does contain the elusive song "Too Far Too Fast"
On site we used to have a short video clip of Phil and Candi Carpenter. They were both in Phil's music room and writing songs together. Candi says that she and Patti are friends.

This clip has been expired on site for a long while now and every other month or so I look for this clip to bring it back to the site. The clip I have found is the closest I have ever got to finding the full video of them. I will continue to look for it. Meanwhile........Phil and Candi come on at 37 second mark.

Last update on April 21, 5:35 pm by Chris.
Attachments
“If her future is as bright as her talent, this is going to be a very big star.” - says Phil Everly of The Everly Brothers (Rock & Roll and Country Music Hall of Fame)

The above is Phil's quote on Candi Carpenter.

Candi on Phil after learning of Phil's passing. CANDI CARPENTER, who opened the Everly Family & Fansite Show in September in Nashville and whose new album was co-written with Phil writes:

"I am so devastated to learn of my friend Phil Everly's passing. There are no words. I don't know what to say. He was an incredible co-writer, and just like an Uncle to me. Although he was an icon, those who were fortunate enough to know Phil will most remember that he was an incredible human being, proud Dad, doting Grandfather, and loving Husband to my friend Patti. He was generous and selfless. Once after a writing appointment in Columbia, he ordered a pizza for dinner, and sent it home with me. He wasn't hungry, he just knew I didn't have food at home, and he wanted me to have something to eat. He was always thinking of others. Please keep The Everly Family in your prayers tonight."

Candi Carpenter is "real, raw, captivating! Like nothing else out there now!"

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame member, Bill Medley of The Righteous Brothers says, "Candi Carpenter sounds like a star, looks like a star, writes like a star. Seems to me she is a star.” Nothing is more apparent than when Candi takes the stage playing guitar, harmonica, and singing with an energy that will move you and stop you in your tracks. With influences ranging from The Rolling Stones, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin, Janis Joplin and Sting and The Police to Hank Williams, Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn and Johnny Cash, she has created a sound that is uniquely her own.

Candi left school to begin her professional career in music at the early age of fifteen, moving from her home town of Lansing, Michigan to Nashville, Tennessee where the stages of bars and honky tonk dives became her classroom. After living in a motel and paying her dues, she graduated to working shows with legends including Loretta Lynn, Vince Gill, Porter Wagoner, Michael W. Smith, Little Jimmy Dickens, Jim Glaser, Bill Anderson and many others. She learned to play guitar and harmonica, and entertain with the best of them. She’s been touring nationally for the past several years, and can also be seen regularly at well known songwriter venues like the Bluebird Café in Nashville, TN and Kulak's Woodshed in Hollywood, CA.

No stranger to the small screen, Candi’s new music video for “My Fault Too” is currently in heavy rotation on The Country Network. The song’s powerful message inspire new fans to write her every day to share the impact the lyrics have had on their life. She’s been interviewed by Ralph Emery, and has appeared in Country Weekly Magazine. You may have heard her on 650 WSM being interviewed on Opry Backstage, The Bill Cody Morning Show, or the famed Midnight Jamboree. Look for her in music videos including Alan Jackson’s “Too Much of a Good Thing,” and playing guitar for Brooks & Dunn in their video for “Put a Girl In It.”

As a songwriter, Candi is working with some of the top names in the music industry. She has recently co-written songs with Grammy award winning and nominated writers including Bill Anderson, Bill Labounty, Bobby Tomberlin, Mickey Raphael and Phil Everly of The Everly Brothers. As her list of accomplishments grows, so does the enthusiastic interest from some of Nashville's top music industry professionals. Fans flock to her shows because she is honest and compelling. There is no doubt that big things are in store for Candi Carpenter in 2013.

"As a songwriter, Candi is working with some of the top names in the music industry including Phil Everly"

1st Annual The Everly Brothers & Family Concert
Nashville, TN ~ Sept. 29, 2013 - we have the advertisement clip for this on site, which I posted a long while ago.

The show was created, organized, produced, and funded by Turning Point Promotional and featured and was attended by many Everly Family members and fans from around the world!

There were musical performances by: EDAN DONALD EVERLY (son of Don Everly), BILL 'SPUTNIK' SPOONER (founder of The Tubes), CANDI CARPENTER (who has an album coming out co-written by Phil), BRITT RONSTADT (Linda's cousin and sound-alike), KENZIE WETZ (fiddle player for Dolly Parton and star of NBC's show "Nashville"), GREG URBATIS (stand-up bass player for Dolly Parton and several others), MARISA MCKAYE (7-year-old rising Nashville star), SETH WRIGHT (midwest multi-instrumentalist), THE ABBEYS/ EVERLY HIILLBILLIES (now former Chicago area Everly cover band), and several others, with PATTI EVERLY speaking this day on behalf of Phil, attended by ERIN EVERLY and her family, Edan Donald Everly & family, and many other Everly Family members and friends.

Of note: Phil Everly had initially intended to join us for this show but ended up stuck in recovery at his Nashville home, in isolation post attempted stem-cell transplant treatment for his COPD.

Attachments
There is a note near the end of #593 I do not want to upset members who were not aware of this intervention which Phil took and I hope no one is upset at learning of this.
Last update on April 22, 7:03 pm by Chris.