"Stories We Could Tell," 1972.

That's OK Lenore. I have not bought any Everlys vinyl for many years apart from one or two from e bay to replenish my stock. And I managed to get Home Again from there about 5 years ago which I had no idea existed. Roots is the only one available here at the moment in the new remastered vinyl and it costs 30 pounds. I have got the original but have several versions on CD. I have got a vinyl player but rarely link it up even though I have got about 1000 in racks and about 3/400 in my loft. Not all Everlys I should say. It does of course mean that with CD it is better to have a reasonable player and amp. My reproduction in my car is not much good but nor is my car!!
Colin, that is very true about using CDs; you have to have a very good CD player in order to get the good results, particularly if they have been remastered. I use my CDs almost exclusively in my car because I spend a lot of my free time in my car. My car has an excellent CD player; the CD player I have in my house is excellent too and I spent less than $80 on it and was guaranteed for one year. It is going on five years and still playing quite well. I also use another CD player that is a portable and it was quite inexpensive too as I recall; it was guaranteed for a year too but I think it is going on three now. I hate to brag or mention any of the above because as soon as I have said it, they will quit working. Smile
Lenore
I found this in the Everlypedia about Rhino Records.

RHINO RECORDS - Rhino Entertainment Company is an American specialty record label and production company. It is owned by Warner Music Group. Rhino was originally a novelty song and reissue company during the 1970s and 1980s, releasing compilation albums of pop, rock & roll, and rhythm & blues successes from the 1950s through the 1980s. They were also known for releasing retrospectives of famous comedy performers, including Richard Pryor, Stan Freberg, Tom Lehrer and Spike Jones. Rhino started as a record shop on Westwood Boulevard, Los Angeles, during 1973 by Richard Foos. It became a record distributor five years later thanks to the effort of then store manager Harold Bronson. By the mid-1980s most of their releases were reissues of previously released recordings licensed from other companies. Superior sound quality (re-mastering of the original tapes was done under the direction of Bill Inglot) and creative packaging made Rhino one of the most respected reissue record labels, receiving rave reviews from music collectors, fans and historians. In 1985 Rhino issued an LP (re-released and extended on CD in 1988) entitled ALL THEY HAD TO DO WAS DREAM  (RNLP211) comprising previously undiscovered versions of Everly Brothers outtake tracks and studio patter from the Cadence vault. It included the previously unreleased first version of ‘Oh True Love’ later to appear on their first Warner’s album. Rhino was quick to get into the Compact Disc market, releasing dozens of oldies CDs at the dawn of the CD age in 1984. Their retrospective compact disc releases are often re-mastered to restore or improve upon the original analogue release’s audio quality. In 1988 Rhino re-issued the three Cadence albums on re-mastered CD – THE EVERLY BROTHERS , THE FABULOUS STYLE OF THE EVERLY BROTHERS (combining the US & UK versions) and SONGS OUR DADDY TAUGHT US. All were re-mastered by Bill Inglot and Ken Perry. During 1986, Rhino signed a six-year distribution agreement with Capitol Records. During 1989 Rhino and Capitol’s parent EMI made a deal to jointly acquire Roulette Records; Rhino received the US rights to Roulette’s catalogue, excluding jazz. When the distribution deal with Capitol ended in 1992, Rhino signed a new distribution deal with Atlantic Records, and in turn Time Warner bought a 50% stake in the record company. In 1998, Time Warner bought the other half of Rhino; thus the company became a wholly owned unit of Time Warner. The Rhino Records retail store, which was not part of the sale, closed in 2005. In 1999, Rhino started the Rhino Handmade division of limited edition releases available primarily from their website. All of these Handmade reissues are limited to about 3000 copies or less and once sold out are not repressed.  It is through this merger that the label has released re-mastered editions of collections from such musicians as Eric Burdon, Bobby Charles, Fanny, Ramones, Grateful Dead, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, The Beach Boys, Yes, The Doobie Brothers, The Cars, Chicago, Tom Paxton, Third Eye Blind, The Doors, War, Spirit of the West as well as soundtracks spanning the Turner-owned pre-1986 MGM and pre-1950 Warner Brothers periods, in addition to WB’s own post-1949 period. Rhino’s soundtrack releases include Gone with the Wind , The Wizard of Oz , Easter Parade , North by Northwest , Casablanca , King Kong , Doctor Zhivago , Superman , and Finian’s Rainbow . In 2004, Time Warner spun off its music divisions and today Rhino is part of the newly organized Warner Music Group. In addition to dealing with archive material, the label also manages the US distribution or worldwide production of compilations for more recent Warner acts, including still-active artists such as Enya, New Order and Chicago. In May 2007, Warner Strategic Marketing in the UK was dissolved and Rhino Records UK was formed.
Lenore
I found this in Everlypedia about Polydor and Polygram Records. It so happens they are posted together one after the other in the Everlypedia.

POLYDOR STUDIO - Kreillerstasse 22, Munich (Berg am Laim), Germany, where The Everly Brothers made their 1960s ‘German’ recordings. Polydor was originally an independent branch of the Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft. Its name was first used as an export label in 1924, the British and German branches of the Gramophone Company having severed their ties during World War I. Deutsche Grammophon claimed the rights to the His Master’s Voice trademark for Germany, where HMV recordings were released under the Electrola trademark. In 1972, Polydor merged with giant Philips-owned Phonogram Records to create PolyGram in the US. The Polydor label continued to run as a subsidiary label under the new company. The name PolyGram (see below) is a portmanteau of Polydor and PhonoGram.

POLYGRAM RECORDS - With a long and complicated history (see interesting websites) going right back to 1898 and Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft, PolyGram was established in 1972 as a reorganized holding corporation for Philips and Siemens subsidiaries that had been under the DGG/PPI Record Group umbrella since 1962, including Verve Records, Mercury, Deutsche Grammophon and Philips Phonographische Industries (PPI). The Everly Brothers 1980s output was largely released through PolyGram (on Mercury/PhonoGram) including the REUNION CONCERT album, EB84, BORN YESTERDAY and SOME HEARTS plus numerous re-issues and compilations. Siemens’ stake in the company was bought out by Philips in 1987. PolyGram acquired Island Records in 1989, A&M Records in 1990, Motown Records in 1993, part of Def Jam Recordings in 1994 and Rodven Records in 1995. In 1998, Philips sold PolyGram to Seagram, which already owned MCA Records Inc. and its subsidiaries. Seagram combined PolyGram and MCA into Universal Music Group, which became the largest music company and distributor in the world.
Lenore

Don, with a bandana, John Sebastian, and Phil listening to playback in the recording studio for "Stories We Could Tell."

"Stories We Could Tell" recording session.
Last update on November 16, 2:35 pm by Mary.

RCA ad for the "Stories" album. Here's the text on the ad:

"It's conceivable that you were conceived to the sounds of the Everly Brothers. But you're a lot different than your parents. And the Everly Brothers have gone through a lot of changes too. Their new album is new music. It deals with you and you can deal with it. Forget about nostalgia. The list of backup musicians and singers includes a half dozen of the hottest superstars of 1972. Check it out on the backside of the album jacket. The producer of "Stories We Could Tell" is Paul Rothchild, the man who produced Joplin, The Doors and Sebastian. Even if conceiving hasn't changed that much, listening has."
I think the RCA ad for the "Stories" album is very funny. I know "my conceiving" did not happen that way because The Everly Brothers were children themselves in 1942 (I was born in January 1943). But if they had been as they were in the late 50s and into the 60s, I am very sure that could have happened. My parents loved The Everly Brothers. But then I would not be me. Smile
Lenore
I remember Dons comments during there UK tour after their Stories album had been released. They were playing Barbarallers in Birmingham in either 72 or 73.
"I suppose we should keep RCA happy & sing some songs from our latest Album. It's called Stories We could Tell & we could tell a few. But a new album will be out soon called Pass The chicken & Listen. That's a better album...It'll be in you shops soon so keep an eye out for that one"
They were obviously having problems & Don left the stage while Phil performed Mabels Room. On returning to the stage Don made the comment "yeah..he feels better now!"
I remember thinking that something was wrong here...How right I was.
There is a term in the UK about "Hanging your dirty washing out" meaning saying something out in public that would be best kept quiet. It seems from your comments Jopip that Don would have been better keeping quiet too. Not a kind comment to say.
I'm familiar with the saying Chris & I agree with you. On that particular show the boys did not seem to be very happy on stage together & I got the impression that they were there under sufferance & wanted off stage as soon as possible. Certainly no response to an encore which I had seen them always do at previous shows. One thing Don was correct about was that Pass The chicken was a great Album
Last update on October 5, 1:55 am by jopip.
When I saw them at The Albert Hall with their mother and father it was a happy occasion but somewhere around that time they did Australia and then went on to Vegas and although I didn't know it Don hated the place and wrote that song on the Stories Album. You can see it in those clips that came out of Australian performances, one of my least favourites of all which I rarely play
Thanks for reminding me Jopip that they went up North on a sort of tour around 72 and they were at Batley for about 2 weeks I believe. I had no money then so could not contemplate a trip.
There are certain parts of both the RCA albums that I do like a lot but it was clear then that personal matters were getting in the way of everything. In fact given their interests and political ideas it is quite remarkable that they toured and recorded together for those 15/16 years even though they were siblings. I think back to how I got on with my sister over a lifetime and it was not pretty at times and we were not being required to do anything in the way of performing together
I don't suppose ant clips of Batley etc exist?
Good to see you have joined in with the memories
I will come back to you about the Australian tour Colin I owe you a reply.

I have done a lot of searching around Colin at the time they were at Batley so far it is very limited information I have found. Hopefully one day I may find more and then I will put it in "Concert" thread.