EB Appearances @ CLUBS (night clubs, supper clubs, etc.)

A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION....continuing (See #26 for video and #28, 29, 30 for background information)

Keillor spent most of his personal and professional life in St. Paul, Minnesota.

"Welcome to Minnesota" markers in interstate rest areas near the state's borders include statements such as "Like its neighbors, the thirty-second state grew as a collection of small farm communities, many settled by immigrants from Scandinavia and Germany. Two of the nation's favorite fictional small towns – Sinclair Lewis's Gopher Prairie and Garrison Keillor's Lake Wobegon – reflect that heritage."

In this segment, 1:19:00 - 1:33:36, Keillor introduces 3 songs which involve the whole group.

From APHC Video (@ #26) mark 1:19:00-1:22:08
Gospel song, "Softly and Tenderly", accompanied by Albert Lee on guitar

From mark #1:22:08 - 1:26:00 a brief dialogue and "Bye Bye Love"

From mark 1:26:00 - 1:33:15 Taj Mahal sings, "Paradise" and "Everbody Is Somebody" with the Everlys as harmony back-up

That was the FINALE for the episode. The last segment from another show features the Everly Brothers with Chet Atkins.
Last update on October 22, 4:07 pm by Gloria Solis.
A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION....continuing (See #26 for video and #28, 29, 30, 31 for background information)

Theater Marquee in St. Paul, Minnesota for the Minnesota Public Radio Program

Two episodes of The Everly Brothers' appearances on A Prairie Home Companion are combined in one video. The first episode recorded in 1987 is approximately 1 hour and 33 minutes as noted in #26-31. The subsequent segment is of an earlier visit featuring the Everly Brothers with Chet Atkins and Albert Lee, mark 1:34:00-1:58:59. Phil and Don sing 6 of their classic hit, some of which had been originally recorded with and under the direction of Chet Atkins. The show concludes with two encores!

COMPLETE VIDEO FOUND IN #26

Guest Stars have a unique entrance to sing "Claudette" at mark 1:34:00

"Walk Right Back" about mark 1:35:00

"All I Have To Do Is Dream" mark 1:36:56

"Wake Up Little Susie" mark 1:39:00

"Long Time Gone" about mark 1:41:00

FINALE with full cast singing "Remember Me" mark 1:43:30

FIRST ENCORE - full cast singing "Bye Bye Love" about mark 1:46:00

SECOND (surprise) ENCORE - full cast singing "The Lord Will Make A Way Somehow" mark 1:49:00

LINKS TO SOME FASCINATING WRITING (humor + opinion) FROM KEILLOR currently:

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2017/10/...

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/19/garrison-keil...

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/opinion/gazette_opin...

http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...

*****http://www.garrisonkeillor.com/

FOR INFORMATION ON THE ENTIRE VIDEO, SEE #26,28,29,30,31,32
Last update on October 24, 10:40 am by Gloria Solis.
The Prairie Home Companion is fantastic research Gloria, well presented with timings and photos, so many new ones. You have told each segment wonderfully well.

I know how long this amount of work takes, so well done from me for doing this for everyone.
On the 11th of September 2017 I posted a new video clip on site Boston Concert 1994, I am sorry to say it only lasted a few weeks and then it was gone, I am constantly looking for it again and as soon as I find another working copy I will put it on site. I am leaving the expired one with a notification that it is expired because if I find a clip on Soundcloud I will need something to attach it to. I watched the concert twice, I hope everyone who wanted to see it did so. It was energetic from them both and the video was done from a hand held camera near to the front where Don was standing, so photos came from that side, these are the best that there are at the moment.

This was the photo on the expired video clip: -

Attachments
THE EVERLY BROTHERS' APPEARANCE at THE FILLMORE WEST CLUB in SAN FRANCISCO, AUGUST 1-3 OF 1969 - PART 1

"The Everly Brothers headlined this Fillmore West show in the summer of 1969, with The Sons of Champlin and Baby Huey and the Babysitters opening.

By this point, Don and Phil Everly had over a decade of writing and performing music under their belts. As first-generation rock 'n' roll superstars, the Brothers had spent the previous ten years switching their label to Warner, serving in the Armed Forces, battling Don's near fatal addiction to speed and churning out hit songs and albums.

This Fillmore performance finds them around the time they were beginning to help pioneer country-rock with their Roots album. Their audience was happy to have them headlining the Fillmore West this night and fully embraced their harmonious sound. While the quality of the recording suffers, it offers great insight into the Everly Brothers midway through their career. The '70s brought a bitter breakup and failed solo careers, and although the Brothers reunited in the early '80s, they never again had the pioneering power of their hit-making years.

This set finds them delivering short, poppy rock 'n' roll songs, with hits including "Wake Up Little Suzie," "All I Have To Do Is Dream" and "Peggy Sue." Their catalog was so large at this point, with nearly two dozen albums under their belts, that the material they perform spanned a range of albums. Interestingly, despite the recent success of Roots, the Brothers chose not to perform any material from this album. The show closes with "Love Is Strange," after which an introduction of the Everly Brothers and a smattering of applause ends the recording." (Liner Notes)

LIVE AUDIO RECORDING OF PERFORMANCE, AUGUST 3, 1969:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj3e78RzoNU

Last update on November 8, 10:33 pm by Gloria Solis.
THE EVERLY BROTHERS' APPEARANCE at THE FILLMORE WEST CLUB in SAN FRANCISCO, AUGUST 1-3 OF 1969 - PART 2

The Fillmore is a historic music venue in San Francisco, California, made famous originally by rock promoter Chet Helms who introduced Bill Graham to the venue they both shared in the mid 60's. Bill Graham eventually took it over. Built in 1912 and originally named the Majestic Hall, it became the Fillmore Auditorium in 1954.

In the summer of 1968, the continuing socioeconomic deterioration of the surrounding neighborhood and the modest capacity of the venue compelled Graham to abandon the Fillmore Auditorium only two years after his famous association with the venue commenced. That July, he assumed ownership of the Carousel Ballroom at nearby 10 South Van Ness Avenue, a venue previously managed as a cooperative venture for several months by the Grateful Dead and other Bay Area groups. The Carousel subsequently operated as the Fillmore West, paralleling Graham's Fillmore East in New York City's East Village; however, both venues were shuttered by Graham in July 1971 as arena bookings on popular music tours became increasingly prevalent.

BILL GRAHAM

INTERIOR OF THE FILLMORE WEST

The Fillmore reopened under Graham's management in the mid-1980s, but it was damaged and closed by the Loma Prieta earthquake of October 1989. After Graham died in a helicopter crash in 1991, those close to him decided to carry out his final wish to retrofit and reopen the original Fillmore, which required much structural work. The Fillmore reopened on April 27, 1994, with the band, The Smashing Pumpkins playing an unannounced surprise show, and Primus playing the first official reopening show the following night. The Fillmore has once again become a San Francisco hot spot with frequent shows. For a standard show, the capacity of the Fillmore is 1,199 guests. Since 2007 The Fillmore is leased and operated by Live Nation.

In 1969, the following acts appeared at the Fillmore West:The Kinks, The Byrds, The Who, Led Zeppelin, in addition to The Grateful Dead, The Everly Brothers, and others.

The EVERLY BROTHERS PERFORMED @ THE FILLMORE WEST AUGUST 1-3, 1969

In the mid-1960s, the Fillmore Auditorium became the focal point for psychedelic music and counterculture in general, with such acts as The Grateful Dead. The venue had a legendary ambience as well as the stellar performances, often with swirling light-show projections, strobe lights and uninhibited dancing.

Mid 60's at the Fillmore West

The Fillmore is also well known for its psychedelic concert posters by artists who in the 1960s included Wes Wilson and Rick Griffin. Copies of the night's poster are given to fans free of charge as they exit selected, sold-out shows. A chronological collection of these posters is on display in the mezzanine level of the auditorium today.
Poster Gallery

Other traditions are carried on to this day at the Fillmore in San Francisco. One is a large tub of free apples for concert goers positioned near the entrance. Another is a "greeter" who welcomes each guest as they enter with: "Welcome to the Fillmore!"

The Everly Brothers' Song List for their performance on Sunday, August 3,1969 (for live recording see #35):

1 Everly Brothers / Walk Right Back 02:00
2 Everly Brothers / Suzie Q 04:33
3 Everly Brothers / Wake Up Little Suzie 01:40
4 Everly Brothers / Cathy's Clown 01:27
5 Everly Brothers / All I Have To Do Is Dream 02:47
6 Everly Brothers / Medley: Rock And Roll Music / Hair / Rock And Roll Music 03:03
7 Everly Brothers / Peggy Sue 02:22
8 Everly Brothers / Lord Of The Manor 05:24
9 Everly Brothers / Love Is Strange 05:21

THE EVERLY BROTHERS' FILLMORE WEST POSTER

Last update on November 9, 6:30 pm by Gloria Solis.
A very good piece about the Fillmore West Gloria.

I have always liked the Billboard for it, very unusual but it does catch your eye and the poster gallery showing posters in #36 I really would like to see that.
I would like to draw attention to the concert I posted in 'Concert Thread' from The Odeon in Birmingham 1968. Page 6 #87

A fan - Kathy Cole - who saw a concert at the Odeon and another in Birmingham at the "Rum Runner" in 1968 made a comment after seeing the Everly Brothers at the "Rum Runner" look at Page 1 #4 here on this thread and you can see the connection. Very enlightening what the Everly's did until 4am which the owner Don Berrow has said also a very funny comment from a fan.

Then look at the Concert Thread where I posted the Odeon Birmingham concert from 1968 and how many concerts they would have done there. I now wonder if they did more venues in Birmingham at that time in 1968 if they did hopefully they can be found.
Last update on November 9, 6:13 pm by Chris.