Buddy Star Day/Night/F.Guitar

A well researched piece from Gloria, I feel sure that Lenore will be interested in reading this, although I am not sure how far she lives from Lubbock. It is going to be a fantastic building on completion. Well deserved too, Buddy's music will live on forever.
The Everly Brothers and The Crickets appeared on the Alma Cogan TV Show (UK) in 1960.

The Crickets were the band for Phil and Don singing, "All I Have To Do Is Dream" .

Phil Everly, Don Everly, Joe B. Mauldin, Jerry Allison, Sonny Curtis

Live Video Recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s534wXy9MUs

Don Everly, Alma Cogan, Phil Everly

(Reference: see Forum thread - Shindig, Hullabaloo... page 1 #7)
Last update on October 4, 4:00 pm by Gloria Solis.
BOB DYLAN SPEAKS OF THE INSPIRATION OF BUDDY HOLLY

In his Nobel Prize for Literature speech from June 4th, Dylan explained the impact that BUDDY HOLLY had on him as a young man.

Nobel Lecture (excerpt)
5 June 2017

"When I first received this Nobel Prize for Literature, I got to wondering exactly how my songs related to literature. I wanted to reflect on it and see where the connection was. I'm going to try to articulate that to you. And most likely it will go in a roundabout way, but I hope what I say will be worthwhile and purposeful.

If I was to go back to the dawning of it all, I guess I'd have to start with Buddy Holly. Buddy died when I was about eighteen, and he was twenty-two. From the moment I first heard him, I felt akin. I felt related, like he was an older brother. I even thought I resembled him. Buddy played the music that I loved – the music I grew up on: country western, rock ‘n' roll, and rhythm and blues. Three separate strands of music that he intertwined and infused into one genre. One brand. And Buddy wrote songs – songs that had beautiful melodies and imaginative verses. And he sang great – sang in more than a few voices. He was the archetype. Everything I wasn't and wanted to be. I saw him only but once, and that was a few days before he was gone. I had to travel a hundred miles to get to see him play, and I wasn't disappointed.

He was powerful and electrifying and had a commanding presence. I was only six feet away. He was mesmerizing. I watched his face, his hands, the way he tapped his foot, his big black glasses, the eyes behind the glasses, the way he held his guitar, the way he stood, his neat suit. Everything about him. He looked older than twenty-two. Something about him seemed permanent, and he filled me with conviction. Then, out of the blue, the most uncanny thing happened. He looked me right straight dead in the eye, and he transmitted something. Something I didn't know what. And it gave me the chills.

I think it was a day or two after that that his plane went down. And somebody – somebody I'd never seen before – handed me a Leadbelly record with the song "Cottonfields" on it. And that record changed my life right then and there. Transported me into a world I'd never known. It was like an explosion went off. Like I'd been walking in darkness and all of the sudden the darkness was illuminated. It was like somebody laid hands on me. I must have played that record a hundred times." (via Buddy Holly website)

Live Audio Recording of Bob Dylan speech at Reception of Nobel Prize for Literature 2016:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=105&v=...

THIS SONG (among many) MAY BE REFLECTIVE OF THE TRIBUTE THAT BOB DYLAN PAID TO BUDDY HOLLY IN HIS SPEECH as given above:

RECORDING of "Words of Love" (original) by Buddy Holly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bibSBoOAMRA

Many amazing aspects to Buddy Holly & his influence advances...
Last update on October 6, 4:35 pm by Gloria Solis.